Monday, April 18, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Hello everyone!  This is an introduction to my book review blog.  I plan on reviewing the books I read on here as well as on my youtube channel


In my reviews I will give the title, author, publisher and publication year, age recommendation, and my stars rating.  I'll give a basic description of the plot (not giving away any major points), then review what I thought of the cover, characters, setting, plot, and my overall impressions.


My favorite genres tend to be fantasy, paranormal, science fiction, dystopian, and apocalyptic.  This blog will have a focus on young adult fiction, but I am not planning on limiting myself to only that genre.  Expect various adult fiction and the occasional memoir or non-fiction as well.


My rating system is as follows:


5 Stars: This book was amazing.  I had no issues and  would recommend it to everyone as one of the best books of the year.
4 Stars: I really liked this book, but it wasn't quite amazing.  I have minor issues with the story or writing, but  I would recommend it.
3 Stars: I liked this book, but had some issues with it.  I would recommend this book, but it might not be for everyone.
2 Stars: It was OK.  There were some good parts to the book, but overall it was disappointing.  I would only recommend it to select groups of people.
1 Star: I didn't like this book.  I had major issues with the plot, characters, and setting.  I would not recommend this book to anyone.


I will end every review with look at what book I am currently reading.  OK that's it!  Thank you for visiting my blog, and I'm really excited to get started!


Currently Reading: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

No comments:

Post a Comment