Friday, December 7, 2012
Friday Face Off Cover Reveal: The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
This week I wanted to talk about a 2013 debut. The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher is set to come out in May and I think the cover portrays the story perfectly.
The S-Word is about a girl named Lizzie who is bullied to suicide after getting caught in bed with her BFF Angie's boyfriend. However the bullying doesn't stop with her death and Angie goes on a mission to find out who is behind it and to come to terms with her own influence on Lizzie's death.
I really like this cover. I love how those terrible words like suicide, slut, and skank look like they are literally carved into the cover. It a clear and evocative cover that completely draws me in.
What do you think? Would you read this based on the cover alone? Let me know in the comments below!
Labels:
Friday Face Off
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment