Hi guys! Long time no see, huh? You may have noticed that I haven't been very active on here in the past two months. Some of you might be wondering, Amanda, what happened? Did work send out out of the country? Did you get sick? Did you die!? Ha, well, I can safely say that nothing traumatic happened to me. I just got burned out. In the two months I've been away I haven't read a single book. I've started quite a few, but I couldn't get into any of them. I think I just put too much pressure on myself to meet certain goals and just got overwhelmed.
However, I am back now and with a new focus! I really want to start some changes on this blog. While I love books I am also very passionate about movies and video games as well. I want to start some video game and movie reviews as well as expand my blog to different topics of discussion as well.
I also want to kind of change my focus when it comes to how I do reviews, what I choose to read next, and how I run my blog and youtube channel. I really admire people who chose a monthly theme for what they read/review/watch ect. One person in particular is Priscilla from The Readables. I absolutely adore how she organizes her channel and I think I might start emulating that.
So, my goal for the rest of October is to get all caught up on reviews. I have around fifteen or so that I'd like to finish and while I may not get to all of them, I absolutely want to do every book from 2011. Then starting in November I want to choose a theme for the month. I also would love to do a book to movie adaptation review every month, so we'll see how that goes. There are quite a few movies coming out that I think would be great to read the book before seeing.
But yeah, that's where I've been these past few months! Just taking a break while I clear my head and re-focus. Thanks to everyone for sticking with me and look forward to more posts soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment