Monday, October 1, 2012

October 2012 New Reads

So, September was a slow month for the blog.  I only wrote 5 posts in the whole month and not one of them was a review!  Well, it's October now and I plan on starting fresh with an October new releases post!  This isn't a complete list, just some of the ones I'm interested in. I hope this list will help feed your readers! 

October 1

League of Strays by L.B. Schulman
DAC

Why I'm Excited:  I got this book as an eARC from netgally, and the has been some drama llamas surrounding this book, so I have a bit of morbid curiosity.




Skinny by Donna Cooner
DAC


Why I'm Excited:  This sounds like a really interesting take on an eating disorder book.  I think we all have the skinny inner monologue and I'm interested to see how the author handles this idea.






October 2

Eve & Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine ApplegateWhy I'm Excited:  I was a HUGE Animorphs fan as a kid, so I'm interested to see what these authors can do together (FYI Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate are married which I find pretty dang awesome).







Ironskin by Tina Connolly
#1 in the Ironskin series
DAC
Why I'm Excited:  This is a Jane Eyre adaptation, and it sounds, well, kinda weird.  It's got fey and seems to focus quite a bit on the relationship aspect of Jane Eyre, but I still think it will capture the Gothic feel of the inspiration novel.






Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass
DAC


Why I'm Excited: First off, COVER! Lucid sounds like a really cool paranormal mystery.







Passenger by Andrew Smith
#2 in The Marbury Lens series

Why I'm Excited:  I read The Marbury Lens a few months ago and I am dying to find out what happens!  I really liked the uniqueness of the first book and I'm really excited for the sequel. 






Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien
#3 in the Birthmarked Series

Why I'm Excited:  This series sounds like such a cool dystopian and it's gotten a lot of good reviews.  Now that the final book is coming out maybe I'll read it!






Through to You by Emily Hainsworth
DAC

Why I'm Excited:  This sounds like a really cool paranormal romance.  I'm really interested in the idea of parallel universes and I'm curious to see how the author will pull it off.






October 8

Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey
#2 in the Witch Eyes series

Why I'm Excited:  I was introduced to Scott Tracey through old videos on the YARebels Youtube Channel and I really want to read his work!







October 9

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
DAC

Why I'm Excited:  This sounds a little bit like a YA version of The Time Traveler's Wife (which I reviewed a while ago).  If they're at all similar I have a feeling I will really like this book.






The Unfailing Light by Robin Bridges
#2 in the Katerina series

Why I'm Excited:   Russian fantasy series!  Maybe I'll have better luck with this series than other Russian fantasy...we'll see.







Velveteen by Daniel Marks
DAC

Why I'm Excited:  I was fortunate enough to read an ARC of Velveteen and I must say I thoroughly LOVED it!  Velvet is a fantastic character with a fantasticly sarcastic voice.  I highly recommend Velveteen for your Halloween reads!





October 16

Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin
#2 in the Ashfall series

Why I'm Excited:  I've gotten both books in this series for review from netgalley, I need to read them!  Everyone loves a good natural disaster story, right?






Beta by Rachel Cohn
#1 in the Annex series

Why I'm Excited:  Beta has a really interesting premise.  I like stories that deal with robots/clones/experiments who are supposed to not have feelings and yet start to have emotions.  I like the themes of what constitutes a soul, so I really want to pick this one up.





Hidden by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
#10 in the House of Night series

Why I'm Excited:  I really like The House of Night series, I've read the first 7 books in the series.  I really like the pagan themes that run in this series and I'm excited to see what happens!






Two and Twenty Dark Tales edited by Nina Berry
Anthology

Why I'm Excited:  This collection of short stories takes classic mother goose fairy tales and gives them a darker twist.  I want the audio book for this!







October 23

Dark Star by Bethany Frentte

Why I'm Excited:  Dark Star sounds like a really cool urban fantasy.  I expect lots of sweet action!








Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
#4 in the Hush, Hush series

Why I'm Excited:  Hush, Hush was supposed to be a trilogy....how are they adding a 4th book?  We shall see.







The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
#1 in the The Iron Fey:  Call of the Forgotten series

Why I'm Excited:  I loved the Iron Fey series, so I'm so excited to read a sequel starring Ethan, Meghan Chase's younger brother!  There better be Grimalkin or Imma be pissed!





The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
#2 in the Mara Dyer series

Why I'm Excited:  I felt pretty meh about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer but I want to see where the series goes because I have NO idea. 








October 30

Rebel Heart by Moira Young
#2 in the Dust Lands series

Why I'm Excited:  I really enjoyed the first book in this series Blood Red Road and I really want to read the next book!







Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
#2 in the Elstein Trilogie

Why I'm Excited:  This is a German series so it's taking a while to be translated into English, but I've read really great reviews of this series.  It has some really interesting time travel elements that I'm really excited to read about!


1 comment:

  1. My head is spinning. If you write them; I'll read them. :-)

    ReplyDelete