Thursday, April 4, 2013

Zombies, Run! 5k app Week 7


Only one week left!  I'm so proud of myself for completing this challenge so far.  I can't believe I'm almost done!  Week 7 was in some ways easier than week 6 and in some ways more difficult.  The training was as follows:
  • 10 minute warm up walk
  • 5 minute free form run
  • 5 sets 1 minute walking 15 seconds skipping
  • 5 minute free form run
  • 2 sets 3 minute stretch 5 minute free form run
Let me just say that skipping is HARD.  This week was difficult because there wasn't any walking breaks during the interval training.  I will admit that I didn't skip every time.  However I did run during all of the free form runs.  Each day I ran right around 3 miles in around 45 minutes, but if you take out the time spent stretching that's around 37-40 minutes, so my 5k time is improving. 

Only one week left!  I think at the end of my training I'll try and run a 5k just straight and see what my final time is.  I'm shooting for around 35 minutes, I CAN DO IT!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment