Friday, October 4, 2013

October 2013 New Releases

Hi guys!  Sorry I'm a little late posting this, I got super sick (strep throat is no fun!).  But without further delay, let's discuss some of the October new releases!

October 1

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia
#1 in the Legion series

Why I'm Excited:  Unbreakable is described as "Supernatural meets The Da Vinci Code".  Um, yes!  A secret society of demon hunters?  Cool.











October 8

Emerald Green Kerstin Gier
#3 in the Ruby Red trilogy

Why I'm Excited:  First this cover is gorgeous!  But also this series as a whole is one of the most praised YA series out there.  Everyone I know who has read it just raves about how good it is.  Now that the series is complete I can marathon it!  There's also a movie of the first book that supposed to be really good (it's German because this series was originally written in German and I am waiting for the English release, obviously).






October 15

 Neverfade by Alexandra Bracken
#2 in The Darkest Minds series

Why I'm Excited:  Another YA series that has been getting a lot of hype and praise.  I never would have picked these books up based on cover appeal, but so many of my friends have loved these books that I am really interested in the series.









October 22

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
#3 in the Divergent series

Why I'm Excited:  Let's face it, this is probably the biggest release of October and probably one of the biggest releases of 2013.  Even though Insurgent was less than inspired for me, I am still excited to see how this series will play out.  I think I'll have to do a re-read of the whole series and marathon them back to back.  Maybe this will happen next year since the movie for Divergent will be coming out in March.







October 29

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa
#2 in The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten series

Why I'm Excited:  You all know I'm a big fan of Julie Kagawa's writing, whether it be about Fairies or Vampries.  I really enjoyed the Iron Fey series and this spin off sounds really great.  I'll have to dive into it soon.










Other Notable Releases

October 1 - The Enchanter Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
                     Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
                     Blackout by Robison Wells
                     How to Love by Katie Cotungo
                     Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano

October 8 - The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
                     The Eye of Minds by James Dasher
                     Tandem by Anna Jarzab
                      Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein

October 10  - Just One Year by Gayle Forman

October 15 - Across the Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund

October 22 - Reality Boy by A.S. King

October 29 - Horde by Ann Aguirre
                      Altered by Gennifer Albin

No comments:

Post a Comment