Thursday, December 22, 2011

Friday Face Off Cover Reveal: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar


Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat.  Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story.  I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!

This week the cover for The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross was revealed.  This is the second book in The Seampunk Chronicles series, with the first book being The Girl in the Steel Corset.  I haven't read anything in this series yet, but I love the covers.  I like the Clockwork Collar's cover more because it features a minority race, which is rare.  I love her purple dress with her black hair, it's so pretty!  What do you all think?




3 comments:

  1. Yay for Misty! :)

    I really love both covers. I think they are both totally gorgeous.

    BUT as someone who can't wear a turtleneck for very long without feeling like it's trying to strangle me, the horribly huge choker on the sequel is enough to give me nightmares... So... I pick Red :) (Which, is a better color that purple anyway :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Ashley I love the collar even though it looks like something you'd get off etsy lol. Have you read Steel Corset? I really want to :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much feel the same as Ashley. I'm picking the Corset over the Collar, though I think it is a nice continuation of the theme. But I just love how much of the dress you can see in the first one.

    ReplyDelete