Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday 12/13/2011: Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish.  We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


Each week we will post a new top ten list complete with one of our bloggers' answers.  Everyone is welcome to join.  All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating.  If you don't have a blog, just post your answers in the comments.

TOP TEN BOOKS I WANT TO GIVE AS GIFTS



1.  The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - The books of my childhood are perfect gifts for any 11 year old.


2.  The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead - This is the perfect series for anyone looking for something to read "post Twilight".  
Although in my opinion, it's way better.  I'd give it to any of my girlfriends looking for a sexy adventure story.

3.  A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin - I love this complex high fantasy, and I would give it to my super nerdy uncle. 

Deception Point by Dan Brown - This is my favorite action book by Dan Brown, and with it's government espionage and crazy science it's perfect for my father, who is a mechanical engineer and a big John Grisham fan.

The Body Sacred and The Circle Within by Dianne Sylvan - These are two of my favorite religion books, and I would give them to anyone interested in paganism.  Sylvan has an excellent writing style and I love her sarcasm and practical (while still having extremely poetic moments) style of writing.


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - This is a great book again for "post Twilight".  I loved the romance in this book as well as the mythology.  It's an excellent start to the series and one of my favorite books of the year. 

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - The Scorpio Races is a perfect book for an advanced teen reader.  It has lots of elements that make up a great YA book, romance, adventure, family drama, but is written in a distinctly adult voice.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan - I have a couple of LGBT friends, and I think this book is the perfect gift.  My friend Matt in particular I think would LOVE Tiny Cooper, show tunes and all.


Nevermore by Kelly Creagh - I'd give this to my mom, because I love Varen and I want to talk about him with her.  No other reason, really.  

Feed by Mira Grant - I'd give this awesome zombie book to any of my friends who liked a little science with their horror, and this is one I'd for my boyfriend to read.  

5 comments:

  1. The Fire and Ice series looks interesting and I have not read that Dan Brown book. I might have to get that for myself. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave the 1st 3 books of VA signed last year for a Christmas gift. This year I'm giving her Bloodlines, unsigned :(

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-tuesdays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start A Clash of Kings asap. Actually, I need to wait until all the holiday fuss is over and I can sit down and devour it. Great list! Here is mine http://wp.me/pzUn5-H0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh The Vampire Academy!! My favourite serie ever!!
    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feed is SUCH an amazing novel! I think it's the only one that I described as "dry" in content but was completely phenomenal. It was such a smart zombie read too!

    ReplyDelete