Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Face Off: Cryer's Cross




Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat.  I don't know if Misty's already done this book, but wow I'm super confused now.  This for the hardback vs. paperback covers of Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann.

These covers are super confusing.  Like, I'm just befuddled.  They aren't just different covers for the same book, they look like totally different genres!  Is this a horror book or a romance?  I thought I had a good impression of the book from the hardcover image but now with the paperback I just don't even know what this book is about.  I really love the hardcover image, it makes me think this book is a creepy ghost story, which is right up my alley.  But now after seeing the paperback cover I just don't know anymore.  The paperback is a huge step backwards in my opinion, it looks like every other PNR out there and makes me question the story and how much I would like this book. 

So let me know, which do you prefer?  Also, for those of you who have read it, which cover do you think fits the book more?


1 comment:

  1. The hardcover image is totally right up my ally as well. I find it alluring in ways I am not even sure I know how to explain. It does look like a ghost story, maybe about a ghost child since the picture is focused on the desk. This cover makes me want to read it.

    When I seen the difference between the covers I really though this was a face off on two completely opposite books because of how much they don't match. The first cover pulls me in, tempting me to stay up late and read the horrors within. The second cover makes me immediately think of Twilight.

    In general, I now have little interest in reading this book ONLY because of how random the second cover is. I mean, it puts me off that much that I hesitate in purchasing it. That's definitely a step backwards.

    ReplyDelete