Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
I just realized I didn't write any other posts since my last Friday Face Off, so sorry about that! My keyboard is still broken and typing with the onscreen keyboard is super annoying. I'm getting a new one this weekend hopefully so I'll be back to reviewing soon, promise :).
This week I want to talk about A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard, #2 in the Something Strange and Deadly series set to release July 23, 2013 from HarperTeen.
I think these covers are so pretty! The best part of these covers is the background. I almost want to take the girl off the cover just so I can see what all is going on behind them. I don't think these really portray the historical element of the novels (they're set in 1876, can you tell?) but they definitely convey the paranormal aspect very well.
What do you guys think? Post in the comments!



No comments:
Post a Comment