Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 2013 New Reads

Hi everyone!  Long time no post!  I only wrote 3 posts in April and only 1 of them had anything to do with reading.  I guess I was just feeling the blog burnout and had to take some time to myself.  I think that's really important with blogging and youtubing because these ultimately are things I do for fun.  It's important to take breaks when things aren't so fun anymore.

Well, it's a new month and I feel refreshed, so let's talk about upcoming releases!

May 7

The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr

Why I'm Excited: I've played piano since I was 5 years old. For me it's always been about emotions and has really been a form of creative therapy. I feel really lucky that my parents never put expectations on me to perform at a certain level. I'm really interested to see if Lucy can learn to just love music (I only hope it doesn't become some freaky sexual relationship type story. I'd be really annoyed).









The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
#1 in The Fifth Wave series

Why I'm Excited:  The 5th Wave has been making a lot of buzz already, and I have to admit I am very intrigued.  I've had multiple book sellers freak out over this book and tell me how absolutely amazing it is.  I will be in the book store picking it up the day it comes out.











May 14

Golden by Jessi Kirby

Why I'm Excited:  Golden sounds like a really cool mystery.  I really like the main character and it sounds like there is a lot of potential for character development.














May 21

Transparent by Natalie Whipple

Why I'm Excited:  I was so lucky to get an ARC of Transparent.  It sounds absolutely amazing.  I love a good organized crime drama and the added twist of invisibility makes Transparent sound so awesome.













May 28
Impostor by Susanne Winnacker
#1 in the Variants

Why I'm Excited:  This sounds like a really cool science fiction novel.  I love the FBI aspect.  It sounds so cool!














Other Notable Releases

May 7 - The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
              The Savage Blue by Zoraida Cordova
              The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
              Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan
              The Originals by Cat Patrick
              If I Should Die by Amy Plum
              Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr

May 14 - School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins

May 28 - Of Triton by Anna Banks
                The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross
                Dare You To by Katie McGarry
                Goddess by Josephine Angelini

No comments:

Post a Comment