Monday, May 20, 2013

My Personal Read-a-Thon Day 1

Hi guys!  So last week many people on youtube participated in a week long read-a-thon hosted at bout of books and I missed it.  I have been wanting to participate in a read-a-thon for a while now but I'm always miss them or I'm super busy.  So I decided to start my own!  I'll be posting an update every day this week about what I've read and a page count. 

My goals for this read-a-thon are to finish the two books I'm currently reading and completely start and finish one other.  I think that's a reasonable goal because the two books I'm currently reading are both over 400 pages.

Day 1

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

Page 82 --> 167

I'm in part 4 now and I enjoyed the beginning of the story but now I'm worried it's going to devolve into OMG CUTE BOY! I'm also not sure about the main character Cassie. I feel like I'm reading what a male author things a teenage girl would say, not what his character would say.









City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Page 211 --> 251

At least something interesting is finally happening.  It only took 250 pages to get there.  I hate this brother/sister drama.  It's disgusting and I wish Cassandra Clare had thought of a different way of creating tension in Clary and Jace's relationship.  I have no sympathy for them at all.  The plot is also really rambling with too many separate story lines. 









Total Pages Read - 125
Books Finished - 0
Books Started - 0


No comments:

Post a Comment