Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 5/17/11


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title & author so others can add the book to their TBR list



Wither by Lauren DeStefano

"I realized it was a trap as soon as I stepped inside the lab and saw all those other girls" I say, my fingers automatically curling like claws.  "I Fought.  I scratched, bit, kicked.  It didn't matter.  They herded all of us into a van.  And I don't know how long we were riding.  Hours.  Sometimes we'd stop, the doors would open, and more girls would come in.  It was so awful in there."

5 comments:

  1. Where are they taking these girls. It sounds like an awful place ...

    PS: Love the cover design...makes me curious about this book. Will google it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover too, that's why I decided to read it :) I'm not 100% sold on the story, parts love and parts of it and really dislike. It will be intersting to review, to say the least...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a teaser, it makes me want to know more. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays-the-long-drive-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just finished this book!! I loved it! Great teaser!! Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm almost done :) I've got around 100 pages. I'm hoping to finish it tonight, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete