Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
The cover for Arise by Tara Hudson was just released. This book is the sequel to Hereafter which was published June of 2011. I bought Hereafter because of the beautiful cover, but I haven't read it yet.
I think the series looks really beautiful together. I like how her body is transparent (she's a ghost) and the overall color schemes. The cover of Hereafter is absolutely beautiful in person, so I'm going to be that Arise will have similar vibrancy. My only complaint is that I hate it when books feature headless bodies. I like Hereafter more because you can see her whole head (granted it's the back of her head but still). What do you think? Let me know in the comments.
ALSO I reached 50 followers! Thank you to everyone who has started following my blog, it means a lot!



I love the cover for Arise. That's the definite winner for me. And for whatever reason, I do like the headless bodies.
ReplyDeleteAlso, feel free to twist FFO however you want. I sometimes do 2 covers of the same series, but not always. Sometimes it's similar covers, sometimes it's themes, sometimes it's new editions - whatever catches my eye.
:)
I love Friday Face Off! I think it's a great meme :)
ReplyDelete