5 Stars
“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”
So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the New York Timesbestselling authors of Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?
Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have written a love story that will have readers perusing bookstore shelves, looking and longing for a love (and a red notebook) of their own.
Review: I love treasure hunt type stories. Like, really really love them. When I was a little kid I would make up treasure hunts for my younger siblings and I would spend HOURS drawing maps, hiding clues, and creating decorated boxes for the "treasure" (usually some apples or something, what I was only 6, don't judge). I've always daydreamed about finding a hidden passage, a secret diary, and some sort of clue trail of my own. I just LOVED the idea of finding a secret message tucked into the stacks of my favorite bookstore. It is my ideal adventure.
I absolutely loved the two main characters, but I think I connected more to Lily. I loved her kooky style and her brother and her dog and her freaking majorette boots. I also loved how she was the one to initiate the journal. She is more bold than me, because while I dream about finding a secret, she creates one and puts it out into the world.
Overall Dash and Lily is an adorable romance. It's an excellent tale about how the idea of a person may be different that who they really are, but that doesn't mean they still aren't right for you. It has a great theme that fairy tale prince charmings and princesses are wonderful, but they're only fairy tales. Real life relationships aren't as perfect, there are things that will frustrate and annoy you, but they're real and that is magic.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”
So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the New York Timesbestselling authors of Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?
Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have written a love story that will have readers perusing bookstore shelves, looking and longing for a love (and a red notebook) of their own.
Review: I love treasure hunt type stories. Like, really really love them. When I was a little kid I would make up treasure hunts for my younger siblings and I would spend HOURS drawing maps, hiding clues, and creating decorated boxes for the "treasure" (usually some apples or something, what I was only 6, don't judge). I've always daydreamed about finding a hidden passage, a secret diary, and some sort of clue trail of my own. I just LOVED the idea of finding a secret message tucked into the stacks of my favorite bookstore. It is my ideal adventure.
I absolutely loved the two main characters, but I think I connected more to Lily. I loved her kooky style and her brother and her dog and her freaking majorette boots. I also loved how she was the one to initiate the journal. She is more bold than me, because while I dream about finding a secret, she creates one and puts it out into the world.
Overall Dash and Lily is an adorable romance. It's an excellent tale about how the idea of a person may be different that who they really are, but that doesn't mean they still aren't right for you. It has a great theme that fairy tale prince charmings and princesses are wonderful, but they're only fairy tales. Real life relationships aren't as perfect, there are things that will frustrate and annoy you, but they're real and that is magic.

Okay, you posted this review a long time ago .. but I just wanted to say, that I agree with everything you said. I loved this book. Especially the part where Lily decides to keep wearing one shoe because she finds it illogical to stop wearing them if she wants to be found.
ReplyDeleteI connected more to her too.
It was a really cute read!