Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
I am really excited for Purity by Jackson Pearce. I have a lot of high hopes for this book. I hope it will look at teen sexuality in a way that isn't slut-shaming or rape apologist. I hope it will be a book about a girl who learns that her sexuality is no one's responsibility but her own. Pearce is an excellent writer, and I really hope I like her contemporary works more than her fantasy.
I love the symbolism behind this cover. It makes me think of chastity belts and who holds the key to her "heart" (get the movie reference?). But on a more serious note this cover makes me think about unlocking sexuality and who has the right to hold the key. It's a very promising cover to a very promising novel.


No comments:
Post a Comment