Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 2012 New Reads

Here are some of the YA books and debuts set for March of 2012.  This isn't a complete list, just some of the ones I'm interested in.  I hope you enjoy!

March 1st

Slide by Jill Hathaway (DAC)

Why I'm Excited:  Slide has such a cool concept for a murder mystery.  I'm totally intrigued and can't wait to see how this story is handled. 

Perception by Kim Harrington
#2 in the Clarity Series

Why I'm Excited:  I've heard awesome things about Clarity and I want to read this series soon.  Plus I love the ginger cover :)






March 6

Balthazar by Claudia Gray
Spinoff of Evernight Series

Why I'm Excited:  I've heard a lot of good things about the Evernight series, it's definitely one I'm going to start soon.

Illuminate by Aimee Agresti (DAC)
#1 in the Gilded Wings series

Why I'm Excited: The setting is an old hotel with secret passages!  I am a complete sucker for hidden rooms and treasure hunts.

Embrace  by Jessica Shirvington (DAC)
#1 in The Violet Eden Chapters

Why I'm Excited:  Violet sounds like a really kick ass main character.  I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into a paranormal romance love triangle!  The blurb makes it sound way cooler than that.


Where it Began by Ann Redisch Stampler (DAC)


Why I'm Excited:  I will admit I love makeover stories.  She's All That, Never Been Kissed, The House Bunny, doesn't matter.  (and yes I know it's wrong that a woman should have to change how she looks in order to make herself acceptable to society, but I just like makeovers, so sue me).  That coupled with some weird-o mystery makes Where it Began sound totally awesome.



March 13

 Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
#3 in the Hex Hall Series

Why I'm Excited:  I have only heard good things about the Hex Hall series, so I know I'm going to be reading them soon.  I also love this cover, it's my favorite of the series.

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
#2 in the Lumatere Chronicles

Why I'm Excited:  Melina Marchetta may be one of the most under appreciated authors out there.  I've only ever head people freak out with love about her books.  I will be reading this series along with her other works very very soon.

Starters by Lissa Price (DAC)
#1 in the Starters series

Why I'm Excited:  Some of my friends have already read this book and they've all said that this book has some crazy twists, and I sure do love a good plot twits.  I'll admit I don't know much about this book, but the cover really drew me in.

The Savage Grace By Bree Despain
#3 in The Dark Divine series

Why I'm Excited:  It's not for the cover, I can tell you that much.  I really hate bare feet and no head covers.  BUT, I've heard really good things about this series, so I will be starting it soon.





March 27

 Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
#2 in the Goddess Test series

Why I'm Excited:  This sounds like a stereotypical PR, but I like the underworld theme and I like the idea of Persephone being a bad guy.  I'm intrigued.  

Life is but a Dream by Brian James

Why I'm Excited:  I really like psychological thrillers and books that present the story in a way where you don't know if the MC is crazy or really in danger.  It sounds crazy...crazy good!

  A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont (DAC)
#1 in the Unbound series

Why I'm Excited:  I love the idea of a modern character being thrown into classic literature.  This is the first in a series that will also feature The Scarlet Letter and The Phantom of the Opera.  I'm really interested to see what this story is all about and how the classics will be woven into the story.

Forgiven by Jana Oliver
#3 in The Demon Trappers series

Why I'm Excited:  I've head really good things about The Demon Trappers Daughter and I'm really excited to try this series out (Even if the cover situations are confusing lol). 

1 comment:

  1. I've got Perception on my Wish List for my Kindle. I didn't know it was the second in a series as it's the only advertised on Amazon.

    Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete