Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Wrap Up Read-a-Thon Update #1


So far for the challenge I've finished Harbinger by Sarah Wilson Etienne and I'm about 30% finished with Bumped by Megan McCafferty.  My goal for this challenge is to finished Bumped and Thumped by Megan McCafferty and start If I Stay by Gale Forman (the F book in my A-Z challenge).

I wanted to do a couple of the challenges with this post too.

Wicked Summer Cover Challenge @ Wickedly Bookish

So I'm using this read-a-thon to try and read as many of my netgalley ARCs as possible for my Review Copy Clean Up challenge.  Unfortunately, none of my books have a summer theme, so the closest I could get are these goggles on the cover of Innocent Darkness.  They kind of look like steampunk sunglasses, right?

Rewrite the Synopsis @ Skyway Avenue

If I Stay by Gale Forman

Talented musician Mia doesn't remember the accident that killed her family and left her hovering somewhere between life and death.  Now she must make a choice, and time is running out.  Should she follow her family into the unknown, or risk even more if she stays?

Hotter than Summer @ Book Lovers Review

Prince Kai from Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I just love Asian princes!  Kai is adorable and smart and awesome and I love him. 

Prince Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Ah, what is it about princes?  Po is totally awesome.  He's totally charming and has faults and insecurities that just add to that charm.  I'm almost afraid to read Fire because I can't imagine how any love interest could be better.

Cover Love Challenge @ Falling for YA

My top 5 favorite covers from the summer releases are:


Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund


1 comment:

  1. Hope you get your goals Amanda!

    Here's my post! - http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/search/label/Read-A-Thon

    ReplyDelete