Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Face Off Cover Reveal: The Eternity Code



Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!


OK guys, this week is a bit of a rant.  As you guys know I am a really big fan of Julie Kagawa, and while I love the iron fey series I also really loved her vampire series called The Blood of Eden Series.  The first book, The Immortal Rules, was fantastic.  I also really liked the cover.


I know that there is white washing going on here (the main character is Japanese and this model is clearly Caucasian) but I still thought the cover fit the overall theme of the book very well.  You can tell exactly what kind of book you're getting when you look at this cover.  However, for the release of the second book in the series, The Eternity Cure, we get all brand new covers.


Ok so I don't hate these like most cover redesigns.  However I don't get as clear of an idea about the books.  They really could be about anything.  But they are a lot more unique than the original cover.

What do you guys think?  Do you prefer the more obvious first cover or the more vague re-designs?  Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment