Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 2013 New Reads

I have to admit, there aren't too many books coming out in August that I'm really excited for.  There's a bunch coming in September and October, but August is usually a slow month.  However there are a few, so let's discuss!

August 15

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
#1 in the Between Series

Why I'm Excited:  This book has been getting a lot of hype about being something new and fresh in YA.  A lot of my friends who have gotten their paws on ARCs are raving about it, so I can't wait to read it for myself!











August 27

Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

Why I'm Excited:  I'm excited for Two Boys Kissing largely due to the title and cover.  We get a TON of straight couples kissing covers (ie every Nicolas Sparks book EVER) but not many gay couples.  I love how this cover is designed exactly like so many hetero romances out there, but with two boys.  I am also really interested in the story and I hope that this book will provide the same outlet for GLBT teens as the characters in the novel.










Other Notable Releases

August 1 - Canary by Rachel Alpine

August 6 - Biting Bad by Chloe Neill
                   Infinity Glass by Myra McEntire
                   Elegy by Amanda Hocking

August 8 -  Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear

August 13 - False Sight by Dan Krokos

August 27 - Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
                     Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

August 29 - Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment