The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.
Day 2 has been a great day for reading. I listened to 14 pages worth of City of Lost Souls, got through 109 pages of Crescendo, and finished my first book of the read-a-thon, Assassins in Love with the final 74 pages. I gave it 3 stars, I thought it was fluffy and fun but I would have liked a little more focus on the murder conspiracy. Overall an enjoyable but forgettable read.
I then decided to re-pick up A Million Sun by Beth Revis and read 90 pages. I started it back in June and got about half way through before putting it down. The story just wasn't holding my attention. However a month later I am enjoying it more though I still don't care about Elder and Amy's romantic relationship. I would rather the story just focus on the ship's politics and getting to the new planet.
Today's challenge was hosted at Music Plus Books and we are to rename the book(s) we are reading for the challenge. Let's see, I would change "City of Lost Souls" to "Why is Jace Always Getting Possessed?" because that seems like a really convenient plot device that gets used again and again. "Crescedo" I would re-name to "Mean Gurl Dramaz" because that's basically all this book has been. I think "A Million Suns" is an awesome title and I wouldn't change it, and "Assassins in Love" is so bad it's actually good. I honestly can't think of a more blatantly accurate title so I'm going with it lol.
So all together I read for around 6 hours including approximate audio book time and finished 287 pages and my first book! I didn't get through Crescendo like I planned, but I hope to finish it tomorrow and maybe A Million Suns as well.
Number of pages today: 287
Total number of pages: 523
Books started: 0
Books completed: 1

Woohoo! First book down! I'm hoping to finish mine today... less than 50 pages to go.
ReplyDeleteGood luck I hope you make it! I'm only 1 track away from finishing my audiobook, so I'll be able to add it to the list :)
Delete