The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.
It's the weekend and the end of the read-a-thon is in sight! We're having friends coming over to have a board game night so I'm not sure if I'll be reading more today so I decided to do my update a little early. I've still had a good day for the read-a-thon. I finished The Walking Dead graphic novel for 234 pages. I also have been listening to my Shades of Earth playaway at every available opportunity and I think I'm around 67%, so an additional 102 pages.
Today there were two challenges and the first one was hosted by Kelsey's Cluttered Bookshelf. This challenge was easy, we just had to answer the following questions.
Question 1: If you could be like any character from a fictional book, who would it be? What do you like about them?Tell me why!
This is a really easy question because I've had the same answer since i was 11 years old. I would be Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. I absolutely love and admire Hermione. She's smart and brave and loyal and an excellent friend.
Question 2: There’s lots of books out there, but is there one that you've been dying to read that doesn't seem to be written yet? Describe it briefly.
This is a harder question to answer. I think I would like to read a book that has a character with realistic new age/Wiccan/witchcraft beliefs and practices. No flying broomsticks or shooting fire out of their hands, but a real spiritual belief. That would be interesting because I have yet to read a book where that group of people is accurately portrayed.
The second challenge was hosted by I Read, Ergo I Write and we were to create an acrostic poem using a title of one of your favorite books. I decided to write a poem about Mira Grant's Feed because I love the book and the title is only 4 letters haha (is that cheating? oh well)
Friends, rise up while you can.
Everyone has someone on the wall, and
Everyone must know the truth.
Do not be afraid.
So that's my update for today, it's a quick one, but I hope you are all doing well on your challenges! Maybe I'll update this later tonight if my friends don't stay too long. Happy reading!
Number of pages today: 336
Total number of pages: 1520
Books started: 2
Books completed: 5

Ooh, I love your poem! Feed was SO good!
ReplyDeleteGreat poem, Amanda! And Feed sounds SO creepy! Though you've kind of de-creepified (no, that's not a word) it a bit with the poem :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking part! :)