The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.
Day 1 of the read-a-thon has officially begun! Who is excited? I know I am! I am in the middle of 7 books right now, and I hope to finish them soon so I can maybe read some of my TBR picks. Here are my day 1 starting stats.
City of Lost Souls - pg. 141
Crescendo - pg. 115
Assassin's in Love - 50%
A Million Suns - pg. 208
You Can Heal Your Life - pg. 109
Shutter Island - pg. 37
Ink - 8%
I listened to the audio book of City of Lost Souls in my car and got 22 pages read and I also listened to the audio book for Crescendo and made it through 94 pages. I'm not really liking either of these stories though so it was definitely a struggle.
After work, jogging, shower, and dinner I was finally able to start reading at around 8pm. I picked up Assassins in Love, this month's pick for the vaginal fantasy book club and went from 50% completed to 79%, which is around 120 pages.
There were two challenges for today, the first being hosted at sarah says read. She asked "What is one bookish thing you want to do before you die? OR what is one thing you want to do before you die that was inspired by a book you read?" I have many bookish ambitions and have managed to achieve some of them. I've gone to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, I've visited The Strand in New York City, and I've met John Green and was able to tell him how much his work on The Fault in Our Stars meant to me. However, one wish that I've had since I was a little kid was to have a giant library with a ladder I could slide on like Belle in Beauty and the Beast. Considering I currently live in a two bedroom apartment it looks like I'm going to have to wait on that dream, but I do hope one day I will be able to see it happen.
The second challenge was also a lot of fun. It was hosted over at Book Pairing and we were supposed to post a photo of a book we were reading and what we were eating and drinking as we read it. Here's mine.
I paired hot chocolate with Assassins in Love, which I thought was extra appropriate since the book is semi-erotica and chocolate is supposed to be an aphrodisiac lol.
So all together I read for around 5ish hours (if you count the audio book time) and got through 236 pages. I still haven't finished a book, but I'm going to try and finish Crescendo and Assassins in Love tomorrow. It has been a great start and I'm excited for tomorrow!
Number of pages today: 236
Total number of pages: 236
Books started: 0
Books completed: 0


Sounds like a great start! (And yes, a home library like the one from Beauty and the Beast would be AMAZING!)
ReplyDeleteBeauty and the Beast has always been my favorite Disney movie for precisely that reason - I want those bookcases and that ladder!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! lol I agree, I would love it. Someday when I own a house, it will happen :)
ReplyDelete