Monday, August 12, 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon 8.0 Sign Up and Goals




The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.

You all know how much I love a good read-a-thon.  Whether it's hosted by another blog, a youtube challenge, or something I just decide to impose upon myself, I love pushing myself to see how much reading I can accomplish.  So I'm signing up for yet another read-a-thon, this time over at bout-of-books. 

My goals for this challenge are as follows:
  1. Read at least 3 hours a night during the week
  2. Read at least 6 hours on the weekend
  3. Listen to my audio book for the entire drive to and from work
  4. Start and finish at least 1 novel
So what will I be reading?  Here are some of my ideas, though I can't say for certain I will be reading all of these.






So those are what I would like to read for this read-a-thon, but I highly doubt I'll make it through all of these because I tend to be a slow reader.  I'll probably get distracted by comic books or video games, but I'll try super hard to get at least a couple of these read. 

I also plan on doing a daily wrap up post to let you know my progress and maybe participate in a challenge or two.  I hope you all participate as well because I know it will be a ton of fun!


***Updates***
8/19
Number of pages today:  236
Total number of pages:  236
Books started:  0
Books completed:  0


8/20
Number of pages today:  287
Total number of pages:  523
Books started:  0
Books completed:  1

8/21
Number of pages today:  261
Total number of pages:  784
Books started:  0
Books completed:  3

8/22
Number of pages today:  258
Total number of pages:  1042
Books started:  1
Books completed:  4

8/23
Number of pages today:  142
Total number of pages:  1184

Books started:  2
Books completed:  4

8/24
Number of pages today:  336
Total number of pages:  1520
Books started:  2
Books completed:  5:

8/25
Number of pages today:  31
Total number of pages:  1551

Books started:  2
Books completed:  5

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome list of books! I really want to read the Clockwork Princess. Squeee! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to read it too, but I didn't get as far in City of Lost Souls, so I'm not sure I'll get to it for the read-a-thon :(

      Delete
  2. Six books is a lot but at least you have a good list to choose from. I've heard nothing but good things about the Stiefvater series. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I've read The Raven Boys already but I was lucky enough to get approved for an ARC of The Dream Thieves so I wanted to re-read it. I honestly don't think I'll get to half of these and I'll probably change my mind on the others but it's nice to pretend to have a plan :)

      Delete