Here are some of the YA books and debuts set for April of 2012. This isn't a complete list, just some of the ones I'm interested in. I hope you enjoy!
April 1
The List by Siobhan Vivian
Why I'm Excited: This concept sounds sooo cool! I love the idea of multiple perspectives and I can't wait to read everyone's story and see how they're connected. The List is highly anticipated!
Above by Leah Bobet (DAC)
Why I'm Excited: I have to admit, the first things that drew me to Above was the cover. But the story also sounds like a really cool mystery. It looks like Above will have equal parts action and romance which is awesome in my book.
April 3
Black Heart by Holly Black
#3 in the Curse Workers Series
Why I'm Excited: I've heard lots of great things about this series and the dark nature of Holly Black's writing in general. I really love the new covers too, so I'll have to read this series soon.
Fear by Michael Grant
#5 in the Gone series
Why I'm Excited: I've hear so much about this series, I need to start it soon! I can't believe it's on the 5th book and I haven't even read the first one.
Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout
#2 in the Covenant series
Why I'm Excited: I've heard a lot of really good things about this series. It sounds complex and action packed, with a little romance thrown in there two. I own the first book on my kindle, so I know I'll be reading this one soon.
Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers (DAC)
#1 in the His Fair Assassin series
Why I'm Excited: Destined to become an assassin by death himself? sweet.
April 8
Ripper by Amy Carol Reeves (DAC)
Why I'm Excited: I love stories about Jack the Ripper, and this one sounds like a total winner. I hope it's as gruesome as my imagination. :)
April 10
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
Why I'm Excited: This sounds like Dan Brown for teens. Murder, secret societies, and communicating with God? Awesome! I'm really hoping it takes a religious twist, I love stories that question popular opinions.
The Calling by Kelly Armstrong
#2 in the Darkness Rising series
Why I'm Excited: I've heard a lot of praise for Kelly Armstrong, and I've been in the market for a good werewolf story. I think this series might fit the bill.
The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
#3 in The Body Finder series
Why I'm Excited: I've been wanting to read this series for a long time, largely due to the cover I will admit, but also to the intriguing story. Now with the final book coming out, I think I'll have to start this one.
The Wicked and the Just by J. Anderson Coats (DAC)
Why I'm Excited: This is a historical book that has an interesting prince and pauper feel to it. I really enjoy class war stories, so I'm excited to see where this one goes!
The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell
#2 in The Vespertine series
Why I'm Excited: The Vespertine sounded like a very cool book, and the second book in the series is no exception. These books seem like they'll be interesting takes on paranormal books, ones that don't get too caught up in the mystery of supernatural powers.
Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz
Why I'm Excited: I've never read anything by Hannah Moskowitz, but I really enjoy her youtube videos with the YARebels. I am very interested in reading some of her work, and I like the post 9/11 premise of GGG.
April 24
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Why I'm Excited: Um, is there a reason not to be excited? I love Edgar Allan Poe, and I'll basically read anything that has to do with him. I have a particular fondness for Masque of the Read Death. I blame The Phantom of the Opera.
Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday
#2 in the Deadly Cool series
Why I'm Excited: I only want to read this book because of the cover. I LOVE this series's covers, they are so pretty! Ok well, maybe the murder mysteries centered around social media is a factor too.
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
#1 in the Blood of Eden series
Why I'm Excited: I LOVED the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, so of course I'm excited for her vampire series! It sounds so cool and creepy, and I know I can expect lots of action and some really fun characters.
Purity by Jackson Pearce
Why I'm Excited: I read Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce and the entire time I thought, she would be an excellent contemporary writer. Well now my wish has been granted. I'm really excited for this book and I can't wait to see what direction Pearce takes this story.
Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf (DAC)
Why I'm Excited: I really enjoy amnesia stories, and I think revealing an abusive relationship and how it affects someone who cannot remember it will be really interesting. Plus I think the cover is pretty clever.
The Selection by Kiera Cass (DAC)
#1 in The Selection series
Why I'm Excited: I have a morbid curosity with this one. There was a lot of drama surrounding reviews for this book and some negative attention, but I like the cover and the bachelor meets survivor premise, so I think I'll give it a go and decide for myself.
Thumped by Megan McCafferty
#2 in the Bumped series
Why I'm Excited: I won this from goodreads!!!! This is the first time I've won a giveaway and I am so pumped! I own Bumped on my kindle, so I'll have to read that first then check out Thumped. Thanks goodreads!




















No comments:
Post a Comment