Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
Splintered by A.G. Howard is a debut that isn't set to come out until 2013, but it already is one of my most anticipated debuts for the year. Splintered is a re-imagining of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and it sounds totally awesome. It's about a girl named Alyssa, the great-great-great-granddaughter of Alice Liddell, who goes into Wonderland to try and save the realm.
And look at this cover! It is so beautiful :). I love the vibrant colors and all of the little bugs and flowers. The only thing I don't like about the cover is how her hair covers one of her eyes. Is that eye even there? It's a bit freaky.


the book sounds awesome! and the cover is really pretty :)
ReplyDeleteHi Amanda! Thanks so much for spotlighting Splintered on your lovely blog. :) I tell you, those designers over at Amulet rocked that cover; it captures so many details of the story in that one picture. They sure know how to twist creepy and whismy into one. Stop over at my blog from time to time. I'll be giving away Splintered swag now that I have an image to use! Nice to meet you.
ReplyDeleteOMG hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm super extremely excited for Splinter. I'm a HUGE Alice fan, so I'll read anything related to the story. Let's hope the world doesn't end in 2012 because I really want to read this book lol.
Delete