Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
Now I haven't read the Matched series by Ally Condie, but I do think they have some of the most compelling cover designs. With the final book in the trilogy, Reached set to come out in November, we can see the overall effect of the series.
I love the covers for this series. I like how they tell a story about the development of the main character. In Matched she is a prisoner, in Crossed she begins to fight back, and in Reached she is free. The covers make me interested in the story to find out what the main character is esacping from and how she will be changed over the course of the series. I also like the title convention used where the second letter in each title is different, either missing a line or is backwards. This also intrigues me and makes me wonder if that has some significance to the story. With Reached coming out in the fall I know I will be starting this series soon.




You should read these. The first two were quick reads, even for me. Thanks for letting me know about the 3rd one.
ReplyDelete