Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
Ok, so you guys all know how much I loved The Iron Fey series (The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, and The Iron Knight) so I was very excited to see that Julie Kagawa was continuing this series but from the perspective of Ethan, Meghan Chase's little brother.
But...I'm not really sold on the cover. If you remember, in the original series Ethan is introduced as a toddler and still a young boy by the end of the series. So it's kind of weird to see him as some sexy shirtless dude (even if he does have weird tattoos which does make me want to read it to find out what those are).
HOWEVER, even though the cover isn't so great, I love the idea and I think there is so much potential for this spin off. As far as we know Ethan doesn't have any fey blood or special abilities, so I'm very curious to see how he deals with the fey (and Grimalkin better be in this book or I'll be PISSED lol).


I haven't read the Iron Fey books yet... (no need to yell, I'm working on it ;) ) I am with you... not quite sold on the cover!
ReplyDeletewell I loved the Iron Fey, especially The Iron Knight. Ash is my homeboy lol
Delete