Published August 1, 2010 by Harlequin Teen
4 Stars
Goodreads Review
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
Review: The first 100 pages of this book are pretty rough, not gonna lie. I was expecting a lot more with the winter court, like what we experienced with the summer court in The Iron King. It felt choppy and rushed, like we were trying to get to the "good stuff" as quickly as possible. Also, I was not a fan of Meghan crying and moping about Ash during this part of the book. I wanted her to become less damsel in distress than in The Iron King, not more! I am not a big fan of that aspect of the series. I know Meghan has that awesome kick ass-ness in her, I want her to realize it already!
Once we got to Leanansidhe's house though, the book really took off. The story got super interesting, the romance spiced up, and I found the magic I fell in love with in the first book of the series. Ironhorse and Grim were awesome (as usual), Puck really stepped up his sexy, and Ash was his usual brooding (and hothothot) self. Leanansidhe was an excellent character, I really hope to see more of her. There were also some very interesting things foreshadowed about Meghan and her magical abilities, and I think I might know who the "Iron Queen" is, and if I'm guessing right I'm SUPER excited for the next book. Overall The Iron Daughter is a very good second book in a trilogy that doesn't feel like a "transition" book. It has it's own unique story that gets better and better. I really enjoyed learning more about the iron fey, and while I would have liked more from the winter court, the set up for The Iron Queen is excellent and really shows the author's strong world building abilities.

No comments:
Post a Comment