Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

#6 in the Vampire Academy Series
Published December 7, 2010 by Razorbill
5 Stars

Goodreads Review
The astonishing final novel in Richelle Mead's epic series!

Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice. Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them.


Review:  I really enjoyed the end to the series, and I would say that this is one of the best paranormal romance YA series out there, and way better than certain other vampire series. I loved all of the twists and turns, there were a lot of things that took me totally by surprise. 

For the first time ever I can say that I really loved what happened to Lissa and the transformation she went through. I had always thought that once the girls left school Lissa became a rather unimportant character to the main storyline, but I really enjoyed what she had to go through in this book.  I don't want to give away spoilers, but I think that her ending was perfect for her character.  I will be reading Bloodlines soon, and of all of the vampire academy characters, she is the one I am most anxious to continue reading about.  I want to know what she will do and who will she become. 

Sure I was kind of sad about Adrian, but seriously, did we really ever doubt Rose and Dimitri? I know I didn't.  I did feel like this aspect of the story was rushed and that Adrian didn't get a very good resolution.  He basically just threw up his hands and stormed out.  That is the one aspect of the story that didn't give me a sense of completion.  However, I do know that Adrian is a big part of the Bloodlines series, so I know we aren't done with him yet.  

Overall the entire Vampire Academy series is just excellent.  It has a well thought out society and history that really supported the main story line.  The main characters Rose is awesome.  She is spunky and sexy and loyal to the people she loves.  She isn't perfect and makes mistakes, but in the end she will do whatever she has to in order to protect her family and friends.  I highly recommend this series to everyone who wants to read a compelling paranormal romance.  It's one of the best in the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment