Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
This is actually a double Friday Face Off because I'll be talking about a cover reveal and series cover change AND a series title change! You guys may remember I reviewed Blood Red Road back in August, and one of the best parts of the book was the beautiful cover.
Excellent cover, no? Well, with the release of Rebel Heart, the second in the series, the series has not only gotten a face life, they've also renamed the book to Dust Lands: Blood Red Road. Here are the new covers.
I know I rarely think this, but I really like the new covers more. I love the colors, and I think they look like totally awesome action movie posters! I really love the re-do for Blood Red Road, I think it puts off a way more "this girl is bad ass" feel than the original, which has a more desolate and sad feeling. So what do you think? Let me know in the comments!




Great post Amanda!
ReplyDeleteThey just slapped "Dust Lands" on the new book covers because that's the series name :)
haha yeah I figured that out. I think I had once read they changed the title somewhere, but I think you're right. I actually really love the new covers. I'm super excited for Rebel Heart!
Delete