Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Face Off Cover Reveal: Sweet Shadows


Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat.  Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story.  I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!



You all may remember that I did a review and giveaway of Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs.  Well, here we have the second book in the series, Sweet Shadows, due to be published sometime in 2012. Here is the cover art.




I have to admit I'm not that impressed.  I LOVED the cover of Sweet Venom, it's what drew me initially to the story.  I think they're trying to continue the snake/hair theme, but without the braid it losses the effect.  I still want to read the series though because the first book was highly enjoyable.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe one of the sisters dies. There are only two strands on her chest.

    LOL- I have no idea, I'm just throwing it out there. I find I too don't care for it. I don't like seeing her face. The first book had lots of mystery about it because you couldn't see her face, and now in this cover we can. I wish they would've done a half face with her looking elsewhere like the first cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Also, the girls in the book all have really light blonde hair, and the red hair of the second cover is weird. The first book is way amazingly better. It was on my top 10 book covers for 2011.

    ReplyDelete