Monday, March 11, 2013

Zombies, Run! 5k app Week 4


I am officially half way finished with the 5k program!  HOLLA!  I am really proud of myself for making it this far, and while I know I still have a lot of work to do, it feels great to see progress. 

Week 4 consisted of the following:
  • 5 minute walking warm up
  • 5 minute free form run warm up
  • 5 reps of 10 knee lifts, 1 minute slow walk, 1 minute fast walk
  • 5 reps 1 minute walk, 30 seconds run
  • 15 minute free form run
The first thing I noticed about this week is that the training sessions are getting very long!  Each mission took 50-60 minutes to finish, as opposed to week 1 which was around 30.  However I really enjoyed the long runs because I've been dealing with some anxiety and the runs have really been helping.

The weather this week was really weird.  At the beginning of the week we had a really intense snow storm (My area got around 8 inches I think) but by the end of the week it was up in the mid 60s.  Ohio weather is weird.  However I really enjoyed the snow running.  I didn't feel that cold and it was very peaceful in my little neighborhood.

Day 1 I didn't plan my route well (the snow prevented me from running on sidewalks and I didn't want to run on a busy road) so I ended up doing 3.8 miles in 52 minutes.  Day 2's route was planned almost perfectly and I did 3.4 miles in 47 minutes.  However day 3 was a really off day for me (I eneded up walking most of the route I just had no energy) and I only did 3.2 miles in 49 minutes. 

Even with my one weak day I am still really proud of my progress.  Also the story this week was full of feels OMG.  I'm so excited for week 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment