Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Face Off Cover Reveal: Isla and the Happily Ever After


Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!

WHY do publishers feel the need to change book covers on the final book of a series!?!?  We saw this with Fathomless by Jackson Pearce and Shades of Earth by Beth Revis and now they're doing it to Stephanie Perkins.

Now I know that Stephanie Perkins's books aren't a series specifically, but they take place in the same world and the characters make cameos in other books, so close enough.  Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door had similar covers that were cute and went together well.




I mean they're cute, and I really like the Lola cover, but they're not amazing.  What I love about these covers are the spines.  They are adorable and look great together on my shelf.

However with the third book in the "series", Isla and the Happily Ever After, we get new covers.


 Now, I actually really like these covers.  I like the simplicity and the color schemes and that you can still tell the setting of each story.  But.  WHY do they have to change the design at the end of the series!?  I wish they had released a matching hardcover to the previous books and then these covers as the paperbacks.  It stinks for people like me who have the original covers and now their/my collection will not match.  Why do publishers feel the need to do this?  It seriously makes me want to not buy series until all of the books are released so everything can match.

What do you guys think?  Do you prefer the more literal and cute original covers or the more sophisticated re-design?  Do you think the new designs are worth the headache of a mid series change?  Do you not care about matching covers?  Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment