Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
Well, a cover reveal and a re-design actually. I want to talk about Jackson Pearce's fairytale re-tellings. The first two books are Sisters Red and Sweetly (which cover little red riding hood and Hansel and Gretel, respectively). Their covers are magic.
Look at these covers. LOOK AT THEM. They are so fantastic, it's hard for me to put into words. They're like no covers I had ever seen before, and I knew I had to read them (I have read Sisters Red, but I haven't written the review yet (how can that be!?)). So I was anxiously awaiting the cover for the third book, Fathomless (a re-telling of the little mermaid!). To say I was eager is a bit of an understatement.
And then it came. Re-designed.
To say my heart broke is not too far off. There's nothing wrong with the new covers, (there isn't an image for Sisters Red yet) but they are no where near as unique or engaging as the originals. I was so looking forward to a beautiful mermaid cover, and these left me completely underwhelmed.
So what do you think? Do you like the new covers better, or are you as sad as I am about the re-design? Post in the comments below!





No comments:
Post a Comment