Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de read-a-thon!

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!  I'm celebrating with an impromptu 24 hour read-a-thon!  Why?  Well,why not?  But seriously, I'm doing this because I'm behind in my reading and I don't have anything else to do.  I'll be updating this post, along with facebook and twitter, every hour, letting you guys know my progress.  Feel free to join in, even if it's only for a few hours.

10:00am - read-a-thon begins!  Working on Velveteen by Danny Marks which I got from netgalley.  73% complete.

11:00am - Still reading Velveteen.  83% and shit is getting REAL.

12:00pm - I got distracted by hunger and my boyfriend waking up, so I didn't get as much read.  Still on Velveteen, 89%

1:00pm - Finished Velveteen!  Holy crap this is a great book!

2:00pm - Took a bit of a break to shower and such, but I did read a bit of Deadline by Mira Grant.  This is the sequel to Feed which I absolutely loved.  I've been reading Deadline off and on for months, and for some reason I just can't seem to commit to it.  I'm on page 319/581

3:00pm - Still reading Deadline, up to page 343

4:00pm - was reading Deadline, but somewhere along the way I fell asleep on the couch!

5:00pm - totally slept through this hour, woops!

6:00pm - Got back to reading Deadline, but we ate dinner so I didn't get very far.  page 367

7:00pm - I admit, I played Lego Harry Potter during this hour lol.

8:00pm - Still playing Lego Harry Potter, but I did read a bit of Deadline.  On page 388

9:00pm - for the next several hours my report will be the same, Lego Harry Potter and Deadline

10:00pm - Lego Harry Potter and Deadline

11:00pm - Lego Harry Potter and Deadline

12:00am - Lego Harry Potter and Deadline

1:00am - Lego Harry Potter and Deadline

OK so I won't bore you with the boring details lol.  Basically I played Lego Harry Potter and read Deadline until 5am then passed out on the couch.  I did finish Deadline, so I would consider this read-a-thon a success!  YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man. Wish I could. I'm heading out to the big Tahereh Mafi, Veronica Rossi, Cynthia Hand, Kim Derting event and then, well, the tequila is calling my name. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh FUN! I've met Kimberly Derting and she is fantastic. Have fun, and ps I <3 Velveteen :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete