Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 5/1/2012: Books You'd Like To See Made Into A Movie


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish.  We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This is a great topic for the week, which is why you're getting two posts today.  I love thinking about what books will get made into movies and who I would cast as certain characters.  So for this list I'm going to take it a step further and cast one character for each of the movies.  I tried to pick actual teens, but there are a couple actors that just have a youthful feel lol.  Feel free to comment and discuss!

TOP TEN BOOKS THAT SHOULD BE MOVIES

1.  Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Rose Hathaway - Jennifer Lawrence

Dimitri Belikov - Alexander Skarsgård

ok so maybe this is more of a naughty fantasy, but wouldn't these two be fantastic?  I think Jennifer Lawrence could totally pull off Rose's fighting spirit, and Alexander Skarsgard is just a brilliant actor and I think he could handle the emotional side of Dimitri as well as have some awesome fight scenes.

2.  Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Cinder - Jamie Chung

Prince Kai - Harry Shum Jr. (hello!)

It's hard to believe that both of these actors are 30 and still playing high school kids!  I think Jamie Chung was great in Suckerpunch and would look fantastic as a half cyborg mechanic.  And Other Asian from Glee totally gets my vote for a hot prince.

3.  Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Saba - Saoirse Ronan 

I need to tell you all now that I have a major girl crush on Saoirse Ronan.  I think she's a fantastic actress and does fighting and different accents very well (she's Irish but has done movies with an English, American, and German accents) and I'd love to add Saba's regional dialect to her impressive resume.  Plus I think she could kick ass in the arena scenes.

4.  Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Anna - Jodelle Ferland

Jodelle Ferland is a bit of a champion in the horror movie genre.  I think she's fantastic and I really can't picture anyone else as Anna.

5.  The Iron King by Julie Kagawa 

Meghan Chase - Elle Fanning

Prince Ash - Kit Harrington

Ok so I know there's about a 10 year age difference here, but I've always imagined Ash as older than Meghan, and look at these two.  They're exactly how I picture them.  Elle is a bit young but an amazing actress.  I also love Kit as Jon Snow and I think he could pull of Ash's cold exterior.

6.  Divergent by Veronica Roth

Tris - Annasophia Robb

I love Annasophia Robb, and I think she would be a totally kick ass heroine.  She hasn't done too many action flicks, but I think she would rock. 

7.  Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Lola - Emily Browning

Cricket - Toby Turner

Emily Browning has a really cool look and is a great actress, I think she would rock as Lola.  And you may not know Toby Turner but he's the popular youtuber tobuscus.  He's nerdy and funny and completely adorable, just like Cricket.  He's also tall, and Emily Browning is pretty short so it would create that fantastic height difference.

8.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Hazel Grace - Chloë Grace Moretz

Chloe Grace Moretz has made a name for herself as a young action star, but I was blown away by her performance in Let Me In.  I think she has a great talent and could totally handle Hazel's complex character.  (As for Augustus I have NO idea lol).

9.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Karou - Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke is sexual and a fantastic actress.  I love her in Game of Thrones, and I think she would be amazing with the fantasy elements of Daughter of Smoke and Bone.  Also she totally rocks the silver Targaryen hair and could definitely pull off turquoise.
10.  Velveteen by Daniel Marks

Velveteen - Kat Dennings 

Velveteen is sarcastic and smokin', just like Kat Dennings.  I'm not finished with Velveteen yet, but I really think Kat Dennings would rock out with her cock out.

13 comments:

  1. I loved that you picked casting choices! Haven't read half of these--ah, but I should totally get to Daughter of Smoke and Bone soon--but I did like your pick for Tris, at least from the image posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should totally read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I loved it!

      Delete
  2. I love your casting! I have Blood Red Road in my list too. I love your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Lola and Divergent (shocker) on my list too. I have different casting choices but I'll definitely defer to your Cricket - I couldn't find anyone I thought was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I love Elle and Kit is just adorable. I would love to see Lola as a movie, too, and Divergent and Daughter. I just read today that TFiOS was optioned. ~dixie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it's optioned, and I really hope they actually make this movie, and I hope they do it well. I wish I could make it, I have so many ideas lol.

      Delete
  5. I love all your choices, I would love to see theses as movies!! Plus awesome job at picking cast members, I wouldn't have been able to choose anyone better =).

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY CRAPS! You nailed it! ;) And great choice for Hazel and Karou. NOW, get on these productions...STAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha I wish! I would love to see all of these as movies, espically TFiOS.

      Delete
  7. This is AWESOME!

    I don't know enough actors well enough to cast books very well. Most of my favorites are too old for YA. Wah Wah.

    Anyway, love your Cinder picks.

    My only disagreement is on Dimitri. Alexander Skarsgard is pretty much exactly how I picture Adrian. I picture Dimitri as dark and broody. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Alexander Skarsgard is a little too big to be Adrian. Adrian in my mind is shorter and much slimmer. I like Skarsgard for Dimitri because he can do the bad ass fight scenes and have a smirky sense of humor like we see in true blood but he can also do some very tender moments. I'd direct you to Lars Von Trier's Melancholia. He was perfect in that and so not Eric Northman.

      Delete
  8. Hey Amanda!

    It was so nice meeting you at the INSURGENT signing last night, I'm glad to be a new follower now! And your casting choices for the above are BRILLIANT! Love Cinder and Daughter of Smoke and Bone especially:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was SO AWESOME to meet you too! Have you started Insurgent yet? I've only read 10 pages or so lol.

      Delete