Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Face Off Cover Reveal: The Evolution of Mara Dyer


Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat.  Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story.  I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
Today I wanted to talk about the second book from Michelle Hodkin, The Evolution of Mara Dyer.  I read and reviewed The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, largely due to the beautiful cover and excellent marketing strategy.  Unfortunately, the book didn't really live up to the hype.  The beginning was fantastic, but then dissolved into a typical paranormal romance.  Here are the series covers.

 I still really like these covers.  I'm not a fan of the title for the second one though.  I don't like titles that are too similar, it makes it hard to keep track of the order of the series.  However, the synopsis for The Evolution of Mara Dyer sounds very interesting.  I love stories about psych wards, so I think I'll give the second book a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment