4 Stars
Goodreads Review
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?
Review: Anna and the French Kiss is just a cute story. It's a story about a girl who is thrown into a completely new setting where she is exposed to new experiences, meets new people, and even falls in love.
I really enjoyed this story. The flirtatious interaction between Anna and Etienne was just adorable and so much fun to read. The romance is certainly the strong point in this book, and it's done very well. The character interactions and development were very well done as well. I thought all of the characters were relate able and believable. No one was completely bad and no one was perfect either, which I really appreciated. Finally I LOVED the setting. I've never been to the Paris part of France (I have been to the Riviera area like Toulon and Nice) and Anna and the French Kiss really made me want to travel there. Everything was described so well I thought I was actually there. I just wanted to stroll down the street visiting various monuments while eating a delicious baguette.
My only real criticism has nothing to really do with the book or the writing, but just my general frustration with the characters themselves. I think that if they had all just sat down and talked a lot of the drama could have been avoided. I kept thinking, oh my gosh, why didn't you just TELL her/him/them!? Also, I know a lot of people are head over heels for St. Claire, but I was not attracted to him. His description was not my type and the picture of him in my head wasn't attractive, so I didn't have that attraction to him like most people. I think that if I knew Etienne in real life I wouldn't have been attracted to him or been friends with him.
On the other hand, I LOVED Anna. I loved her love for old movies, we could have totally bonded over that. I am a movie freak too and it would be so much fun to have a movie marathon with Anna. She goes through a lot of drama and a lot of really crappy things happen to her, but I loved reading about her growing as a person and learning from her mistakes. She is not a perfect person, and I can really relate to her.
Overall, Anna and the French Kiss is an adorable book set in the romantic streets of Paris. It's a perfect light romance that is sure to charm and become a favorite.
Review: Anna and the French Kiss is just a cute story. It's a story about a girl who is thrown into a completely new setting where she is exposed to new experiences, meets new people, and even falls in love.
I really enjoyed this story. The flirtatious interaction between Anna and Etienne was just adorable and so much fun to read. The romance is certainly the strong point in this book, and it's done very well. The character interactions and development were very well done as well. I thought all of the characters were relate able and believable. No one was completely bad and no one was perfect either, which I really appreciated. Finally I LOVED the setting. I've never been to the Paris part of France (I have been to the Riviera area like Toulon and Nice) and Anna and the French Kiss really made me want to travel there. Everything was described so well I thought I was actually there. I just wanted to stroll down the street visiting various monuments while eating a delicious baguette.
My only real criticism has nothing to really do with the book or the writing, but just my general frustration with the characters themselves. I think that if they had all just sat down and talked a lot of the drama could have been avoided. I kept thinking, oh my gosh, why didn't you just TELL her/him/them!? Also, I know a lot of people are head over heels for St. Claire, but I was not attracted to him. His description was not my type and the picture of him in my head wasn't attractive, so I didn't have that attraction to him like most people. I think that if I knew Etienne in real life I wouldn't have been attracted to him or been friends with him.
On the other hand, I LOVED Anna. I loved her love for old movies, we could have totally bonded over that. I am a movie freak too and it would be so much fun to have a movie marathon with Anna. She goes through a lot of drama and a lot of really crappy things happen to her, but I loved reading about her growing as a person and learning from her mistakes. She is not a perfect person, and I can really relate to her.
Overall, Anna and the French Kiss is an adorable book set in the romantic streets of Paris. It's a perfect light romance that is sure to charm and become a favorite.

No comments:
Post a Comment