Published 2009 by Touchstone
4 Stars
Goodreads Review
In this frank and funny memoir, the Tony Award-winning star of stage and screen shares her journey from small-town Oklahoma to big-time Broadway.
Review: A Little Bit Wicked is an adorable autobiography about Kristin Chenoweth that is sure to please the fans of this Broadway diva. This book is filled with hilarious anecdotes about the star's early career and Broadway mishaps but also has some very touching reflections on loss, faith, and love.
I really enjoyed reading this book because I'm a HUGE musical theater fan, and in particular I am a Kristin Chenoweth fan. I liked reading about her life and the positive outlook she has on the difficult things she has gone through and how they have made her the person she is today. In particular I loved reading about all of the relationships she has formed with her cast mates from the various musicals she has worked on as well as parts of her life I didn't know about like her adoption and her run on the pageant circuit. The book does a wonderful job capturing the Kristin Chenoweth's bright spirit and vivacious attitude. There was a lot of wonderful humor in this book that was just so totally Kristin.
I was already familiar with her religious affiliation and though we d0 not agree on theology, I never felt like this book was preaching to me or trying to convince me to think a certain way. Rather, her faith is approached as just another important factor in her life that has influenced her career and personal choices. I found that take to be refreshing and open minded.
Overall A Little Bit Wicked is a great book for fans of Kristin Chenoweth who want get a deeper insight into the star's background or just for anyone who enjoys musical theater or reading humorous memoirs.
Sidenote: The audiobook is read by Kristin and since the best part of Chenoweth is her voice, picking up a copy would probably be a good idea.

No comments:
Post a Comment