Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another Book-a-Thon!

Back in June I participated in my first book-a-thon and managed to read 2.5 books in 20 hours.  I had so much fun connecting with other readers and seeing how many books others were reading.  Lately I've been craving another book-a-thon and was contemplating starting one myself when the lovely ladies at ieatwords posted that The Bibliophilic Book Blog was hosting a book-a-thon this weekend!  YIPPEE! 

The basic rules of this book-a-thon are to read the books you own and that you've been wanting to read but haven't had the chance yet.  It starts today, Thursday 9/15 at 9:00PM EST and runs until Sunday 9/18 at 9:00PM EST.  Everyone whose interested should go sign up at their blog because not only will we read awesome books, but THERE WILL BE PRIZES!  YAY I love prizes!  (but seriously, I just wanted a read-a-thon, so I would have participated even if there weren't prizes).

Anyway, here's a list of the top ten books I hope (key word hope) to read.  I am going to a play Saturday night, I have to work on Friday, and I promised my friend Joe I'd play some xbox with him, so we'll see how much I actually read.
  1. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
  2. Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
  3. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
  4. The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
  5. Sweep Vol. 1 by Cate Tiernan
  6. Sweep Vol. 2 by Cate Tiernan
  7. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  8. Ruined by Simone Elkeles
  9. The Morganville Vampires Vol. 1 by Rachel Cain
  10. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
So who knows how many of these I'll get finished, but I hope to put in 24ish hours?  We'll see.  I'm not making any promises, but if you want to join in with me, let me know in the comments and go sign up at The Bibliophilic Book Blog! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad that you're also taking part in this! We'll have to be readathon buddies encouraging each other on! :)

    You have some awesome books planned! LOVE City of Bones and Morganville Vampire series. Haven't read Ruined by Simone Elkeles but I loved her Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete