Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday 9/20/2011: Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish.  We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new top ten list complete with one of our bloggers' answers.  Everyone is welcome to join.  All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating.  If you don't have a blog, just post your answers in the comments.


TOP TEN BOOKS I FEEL AS THOUGH EVERYONE HAS READ BUT ME
  1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - I technically haven't read anything by Lauren Oliver, and with quickly approaching release of the follow up Pandemonium, I really need to get on this.
  2. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - Here's another author from which I haven't read anything.   I know, I know.
  3. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - This series is getting to the point of not having read The Hunger Games or Twilight.  I don't really know why I haven't started this series yet, I know it has a sexy bad boy (and I love me some sexy bad boys) so that should be motivation enough.
  4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins - Ok so this might be cheating seeing as how this book hasn't come out yet, but I feel like every single book blogger has gotten their hands on an ARC and all they can do is gush about how awesome this book is.  I'm impatiently waiting for my preordered copy to get here (11-15 days!)
  5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis - I LOVE the cover for this book.  It's so cool and I see it in everyone's book hauls.  I have a copy too, but I haven't read it  yet.  I keep going oh, I want to read Across the Universe next!...but then I pick up something else.
  6. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray - Ok in my defense I HAVE read a book by Libba Bray (Beauty Queens) and I really liked it.  The Gemma Doyle series may be her most popular books so I really want to get some more Libba.
  7. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - I have also read some Maggie Stiefvater (ARC of The Scorpio Races) and I LOVED it.  Shiver is a very popular series and I've been told it's very different from The Scorpio Races, but based on Stiefvater's writing alone I want to read everything she has done.
  8. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This is one of my more controversial books, but I think I will really like it.  The premise sounds like a very sad mystery, and I'm really curious to go on the journey and find out the thirteen reasons.
  9. Gone by Michael Grant - This is probably one of the most popular YA post apocalyptic series.  A lot of reviewers I really admire have praised these books, so I really want to give them a go.  I'm about 99.9% sure I'll like them.
  10. Crank by Ellen Hopkins - Another serious topic, I'm very intrigued by the poetic presentations of Ellen Hopkins's books.  I've never really read a book in verse, so I'm interested to see how topics such as drug abuse are handled in that format.
The sad thing is these are all books I own and really want to read them, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.   There seems to be a pretty fair mix though most have some sort of science fiction or fantasy spin on them.  Maybe these should be the next ten books I read?  What do you guys think?  Have you read any of these books, and if so what did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

    1 comment:

    1. Shiver was the first ever Stiefvater book I picked up and I loved it! It's still my favorite book of the trilogy.

      ReplyDelete