Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday 9/21/2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at breaking the spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is in honor of my birthday (September 27th) I wanted to show off two books that are being released on my birthday!  :

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.
In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.
And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.
Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.
When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.

(P.S. I already have this book preordered and until I get it I am NOT reading any reviews!  I want to know nothing about this book so I will be suprised.  I'm EXCITED!!!!!)

5 comments:

  1. Great choices. I've heard nothing but good things about these books. They are on my TBR list.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think both of these are going to be really great! And how awesome that they are going to be coming out on your birthday! I hope you are going to treat yourself! Great picks!
    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. You are going to love Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I just reviewed it over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love. Old follower just saying hello. I've been good things about the Mara Dyer book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited! I need to go book shopping because two days after my birthday is Lola AND The Name of the Star. The Faerie Ring also comes out on my birthday too. OMG SO MANY BOOKS!

    ReplyDelete