Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new top ten list complete with one of our bloggers' answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers in the comments.
TOP TEN BOOKS I READ BECAUSE OF ANOTHER BLOGGER
Sidenote: I have a youtube channel and thats where I get most of my book recommendations from. I'll post links to the channels but if you know if these users also have a blog, please let me know and I'll post links to that as well. Also some of these books I haven't read yet but I'm really excited to so I've included them as well.
- Paper Towns by John Green, recommended by Leanne at LeannJaseyRae: This was one of the first book reviews I watched on youtube and was my first YA read. This was what first got me started in book blogging and vlogging.
- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, recommended by pretty much everyone: I really love this series and I would have totally passed it up based on the crappy cover art and really lame title, but because EVERYONE was freaking out over how good this series was I decided to give it a go. I really love it and I'm really glad I gave it a try.
- Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, recommended (again) by Leanne at LeanneJaseyRae: She was the first person I watched on youtube and what she said about Nevermore really intrigued me. I really loved this book and I can't wait to read the second book Enshadowed!
- Possess by Gretchen McNeil, recommended by everyone at YARebels: Gretchen is actually one of the contributors to the YARebels channel and I really enjoyed her vlogs. I actually got an ARC of the book but I liked it so much I actually purchased a hardcover copy.
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, recommended by Farrah at I Eat Words (youtube): I haven't actually read this yet but I have it pre-ordered because of her glowing review. I'm really excited to read this and can't wait for it to come out.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusuak, recommended by lots of people on goodreads: I kept seeing The Book Thief all over goodreads when I first joined so I decided to read it and I'm so glad I did. This is one of my favorite WWII books and is very touching and unbiased.
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, recommended by Goddess Leonie at Goddess Guidebook: This is an adult historical religious fiction about Jacob and his twelve sons but told from the point of view of his four wives and only daughter. It's an amazing read for anyone interested in women's spirituality.
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Pecular Children by Ransom Riggs, recommended by Danny Marks at dannymarksya, John Green at vlogbrothers and Ransom Riggs at ransriggs: I love the presentation of this book with the photos and beautiful colored pages. I love Danny Marks and I will pretty much read anything he recommends. Also I discovered Ransom Riggs's youtube channel and he is amazing. I LOVE his videos, they are so beautiful and really well done. Some of them inspired me on my own creative projects and others moved me to tears.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, recommended by Martha at ILoveReading65: Yeah so in addition to pretty much everyone loving this series, Martha in particular seems to freak out over this book so I thought I'd better read it lol.
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, recommended by bookishxbelle formerly known as beautyisntskindeep: I haven't read these yet but I really enjoy her videos and this is her favorite series so I'm excited to read it!

The Book Thief is fantastic, isn't it? It's on my list too.
ReplyDeleteCity of Bones is amazing! Definitely a good read. :)
ReplyDeleteMy Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read.html
-Brittani
there's so much blogger love for shatter me lately. i'm a seriously thinking of pre-ordering it. great list :)
ReplyDeletePlease stop by and check out my list this week if you can.
Happy reading,
Michelle