Thursday, March 21, 2013

Zombies, Run! 5k app Week 5

 

Sorry this post is kind of late, I've been super busy and haven't had the opportunity to summarize last week's progress until now.
 
I'm officially past the half way mark!  Week 5 started off very poorly but then got a lot better by the end.  For the training I did the following:
 
  • 5 minute walking warm up
  • 5 minute free form run
  • 8 reps of 30 seconds walking, 1 minute running, 8 heel lifts
  • 10 minute free form run
  • 5 minute stretch
  • 10 minute free form run

  • The time spent running is really increasing!  I did the first day on Tuesday but pretty much walked the whole thing because I hurt my foot somehow and was in too much pain to run.  I basically just hobbled home.  After that incident I took a couple days off and didn't run until Friday.  I had some soreness, but nothing like Tuesday and managed to do 3.5 miles in 52 minutes.  I went out on Saturday to wrap up the week and did 3.6 miles in 52 minutes, so I got a little faster!  That's exciting.

    I also really enjoyed Week 5 Day 3's story.  I really like runner 4 and thought that whole mission was really funny and really cool.  What's really neat about the 5k program is you meet characters and experience events that are mentioned in the main app.  There's a lot of story tie in between the two and you get to see the set up for some of the missions in the main app.

    Week 6 looks to be quite a challenge (and the terrible weather is not helping!) but I'm excited to see how much further I can go!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment