Here is my progress for the first day. I'm going by time before sleep, since it's technically Saturday morning, and the sun is up.
Finished Books
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
I loved this book! It was such a ridiculous satire, I was cracking up the entire time. It really reminded me of Drop Dead Gorgeous, it had a very similar sarcastic feeling. I would recommend this to anyone who likes dark comedies like Heathers, In Bruges, or Saved!.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I'm really liking it so far, though I thought it started a bit slow. Also there were some plot points that I saw coming a MILE AWAY. And the fact that Etienne is short puts me off because height is one of my top attraction factors. However, there were parts of this book that had me laughing out loud, shouting in frustration, and swooning. A really cute read!
Total Time: 7 hours
Total Pages: 472
Currently Reading
Shine by Lauren Myracle
This is the book I plan on starting in the morning...or later today I guess. For now off to bed!
I'd be interested in hearing what you thing of Anna and the French Kiss when you've finished reading it. I've heard a lot about it, and am considering giving it a try.
ReplyDeleteBeauty Queens looks good. I loved the movie In Bruges so will look into it. Good luck with the rest of your reading today!
ReplyDeleteBeauty Queens is really good! And I do plan on doing full reviews for both books, probably will be up this week sometime.
ReplyDeleteBeauty Queens feels like THE book of this challenge. I keep seeing it everywhere. (Though maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to read it.)
ReplyDelete