1. best first chapter
The first chapter of Beauty Queens does a really great job setting the overall tone for the book. I love the dark humor.
2. best climax
The build up to the action in Divergent is awesome. I really loved the lead up to the end of this book, it was so exciting!
3. best ending
Oh man, the ending to Feed really affected me. It seriously stuck with me for days after reading it. I re-read the last few chapters multiple times, it was just that good!
4. best plot twist/revelation (no spoilers!)
The ending of Shadow Kiss was CRAZY. I was not expecting that at all. This is the book where the series really takes off for me and gets super addicting.
5. scariest/most disturbing scene
The things that happen in this book are horrible, the community turning a blind eye to the injustices are what really get me. It seriously disturbs me that people are so ignorant and close minded.
6. steamiest scene (or sweetest/sexiest kiss award)
I love Rose and Dmitri. I especially love their sexual tension in the first book of the series, Vampire Academy. I think that's the best part of the entire book!
7. best swoon-worthy moment
I loved it when Isobel and Varen finally kissed, probably because I have a major bonkerdoodle crush on Varen.
8. biggest nail-biting moment
Pretty much the entire time Katniss is in the arena is a nail biting moment. I was seriously stressed the entire time she was battling it out in there. I was even worried when she was asleep!
9. most hilarious scene
Four words. Mother. Fucking. Fox. Hat.
The Random
1. fave first sentence
"Since the dawn of time one question has dominated all the others:
Zombies or Unicorns?"
2. fave book title
I love the pun of a blog's RSS feed and also zombies feeding on human flesh.
3. fave reading experience (ie: created a great reading memory)
It was my desire to read and compare The Hunger Games and Battle Royale that convinced me to start a book blog and youtube channel. It's because of these two books that I'm as involved in the community as I am now.
4. book with the best food in it (made me so crazy-envious-hungry)Lily is a cook and she makes some seriously kick ass Christmas cookies. I want some right now.
5. book with the most sensual weather (made you shiver/sweat)
The Book Thief does a really great job describing the winter that killed so many people during the holocaust. I was really impressed by the overall writing style of this book. A real work of art.
6. most embarrassing book cover (feeling sheepish in public)
Yes, the cover of Perfect Chemistry is pretty lame. Not gonna lie on that one.
7. can’t believe you waited this long to read the book (!)
I didn't read this series until this year, and I'm really surprised it took me that long to read because my mom had been pestering me to read The Hunger Games for forever.
















Oooh I can't wait to get into the Hunger Games. from your list and everybody else, I'm hearing and readinf such great things about it!
ReplyDeleteHey Amanda,
ReplyDeleteYou have given me a lot of books to read. I've heard about Shine and how ignorant the people are. I know that would upset me.
That first line in ZvU is pretty funny. The Hungry Games stressed me out too. And I'm super curious about the end of Feed now. Great list.
I love the Perfect Chemistry cover, but that is probably because I'm pretty lame. :)
My List
Awesome picks! I really enjoyed Divergent.:3
ReplyDelete