Friday, June 3, 2011

48 Hour Reading Challenge!




Hey everyone!  I have absolutely nothing planned for this weekend so I decided to participate in a 48 hour read-a-thon hosted at Mother Reader. My official start time is Friday at 11:00pm (it would have been earlier but I fell asleep...oopsies!)  and my end time is Sunday at 11:00pm.  You have to read at least 12 hours to be considered for prizes (easily done) and for every 5 hours reading time you get 1hour of social networking time to update your blog with your progress.  I also plan on tracking my progress on twitter via the hash tag #48hbc.  At the end of my 48 hours I'll write up a summary post with total time and number of books read.  


I'm also participating in  Awesome Bookworm's Saturday read-a-thon.  That starts at noon on Saturday and will run until noon on Sunday.  There are also going to be trivia challenges and prizes for the winner!  I LOVE prizes :)  


Here are some of the books I plan on reading:

  1. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  3. Shine by Lauren Myracle
  4. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
  5. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  6. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
  7. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  8. Across the Universe by Beth Revis 

 Leave a comment if you plan on participating too!  Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. It is very cool that you are combining the Challenge and a Read-A-Thon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds like absolute madness! 48 hours. So awesome! Good luck and hope you make it through all 48 hours and your pile of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol there's no way I'll hit 48, but I'm gonna go for 24....

    ReplyDelete