Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 2012 New Reads

Hey everyone, here are some of the YA books and debuts set for July 2012.  This isn't a complete list, just some of the ones I'm interested in.  I hope this list will help feed your readers!


July 3


Once by Anna Carey
#2 in the Eve series


Why I'm Excited:  I haven't read Eve yet, but this sounds like a really cool apocalyptic series and I've heard great reviews, so I want to read this soon.


Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson


Why I'm Excited:  I love Peter Pan, it's one of my favorite children's classics and I was Wendy in a production of the musical Peter Pan in high school.  That musical has always had a special place in my heart, so I'm really looking forward to reading a story about one of the most unappreciated characters.






July 5





Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield
DAC


Why I'm Exicted:  This sounds like a crazy murder mystery.  I love that part of the story will be told from the point of view of the dead girl Amelia.







July 10



Diva by Jillian Larkin
#3 in The Flappers series


Why I'm Excited:  I just love the setting of this series.  It's such an iconic time in American history, so I really want to read this series soon!
Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
#1 in the Insignia series
DAC


Why I'm Excited:  This sounds cool, like the science fiction movies of the 80s.  I'm really excited about the virtual reality aspect of Insignia.  It's a very interesting concept, I just hope it isn't as cheesy as those 80s movies.


Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
DAC


Why I'm Excited:  One word. DRAGONS.  There's a royal court, then main character is a gifted musician, and a suspicious murder all make this book sound fantastic.  Plus that cover?  To die for.


Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
DAC


Why I'm Excited:  I love makeover stories, and this alternative world sounds so cool. I have this book as an egalley and I really want to read it soon.


Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols


Why I'm Excited:  I love that this book is about a pilot.  Flying has been in my family for generations (my grandfather worked on airplanes in the Navy, my father owns and flies small airplanes, and I work as an aviation engineer) so I'm really excited to read where this story goes.


The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse 
#1 in the Forsaken series
DAC 


Why I'm Excited:  Well, besides the amazing cover, this sounds like a high impact thriller.  I love prison break stories!



July 19


The Girl with Borrowed Wings by Rinsai Rossetti
DAC


Why I'm Excited:  This sounds like a standard paranormal romance, but every now and then that's exactly what I want to read.

July 24

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard#1 in the Something Strange and Deadly seriesDAC
Why I'm Exicted:  Well, besides having a fantastic title and cover, this is a historical zombie novel.  Holla!









Endlessly by Kiersten White

#3 in the Paranormalcy series

Why I'm Excited: Ugh, I really need to read this series!  I've heard so many great things, and I love the covers.  Must begin very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment