Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
This week I want to talk yet again about my bookish pet peeve. We have another series cover re-design, oh boy! (there's a lot of scarcasim in the sentence). This one is a pretty huge change too. I want to discuss Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me series.
So this is the original cover (the one I have) and while it in itself is a common theme (girl in a pretty dress) there's a certain fierceness to it. I also really like the title font with the slash and how reflective it is in real life.
But of course, with the second book in the series, Unravel Me, they had to go changing the design.
These are pretty terrible. First, I really hate floating body parts on covers, especially eyes (and feet). I like the color scheme, but the eyes are creepy and as far as I know have nothing to do with the story. It would have been a lot better to just have the trees/ice and to skip the eyes all together.
What do you think, do you like the new covers more, or would you have liked them to stick with the original design?





I think they should of kept the cover the way it is and maybe made these covers the UK covers.
ReplyDelete~Paige @ Comfort Books
or just never used them at all lol. I get the impression neither cover has anything to do with the story, so I'm not a big fan
Delete